One of my favorite restaurants long ago was FOBs in Crystal Falls in the UP, when we went bowhunting. I wanted to make my own broasted chicken so I got a tip on using the "Wear Ever Chicken Bucket" which is supposedly thee thing to make broasted chicken in - I found and bought one.

Basically it's a pressure cooker with a lid that would need a nuclear explosion to blow it off the way it attaches. The instructions say to use 5 cups of canola oil in this 4 quart model, but another recipe online says you only need 1/4 cup of oil when using a regular pressure cooker.

Broasted chucked is suppose to be dry and crispy on the outside but moist on the inside - that's exactly how the broasted chicken was at FOBs. But I think they used a broasted chicken "special oven" to make theirs.

I'm concerned that cooking the chicken - albeit pressurized - is going to be rather greasy like regular fried chicken if immersed in oil, unless being in a pressure cooker has some magic ability from making it not greasy on the outside.

So how you the broasters on here make their chicken? Thanks.