I just got off the phone with my friend at the hatchery where the scale is. I asked him how accurate it was. He said it's perfect to 100 pounds but losses about 5 pounds per 50 after that. He has these big steel weights that are calibrated for setting the scale up. When he put 4, 50 pound weights on the scale it was reading 189 pounds. He only uses the scale to measure fish food and needs it to 100 pounds only so he never adjusted it for the heavier weights.

What this means is that lion was actually just over 200 pounds, not the 190 we saw on the scale. No big deal but it was important for me to know in my heart that the weight I was presenting to everyone here was accurate. It's why I called him to verify the accuracy.

I knew that bugger was heavy when I was lifting him for the photo! My friend could not get him up like that for a similiar picture, too bad it's a nice way to put the size into perspective with a person right next to it.

Funny to me, the famous leopard photo's from Africa all show the hunter with the leopard over his shoulders. Try it with this big dude, I don't think so!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)