LH 300 Win. Mag. Factory barrel. McMillan Swirly with Mag fill weight. Pillar bedded. Mountain tactical shroud, bottom metal, hardened stainless screws
[Linked Image]

LH 280 Ackley. Started as a 30-06. Douglas 25" barrel. Matches factory contour to end of stock. McMillan Swirly, standard fill weight, pillar bedded. Mountain tactical shroud, bottom metal, hardened stainless screws
[Linked Image]

This one is still in process. This is a LH 243. Blowout sale from Whittakers. For now it is staying in the factory stock, but doing all the same Mountain Tactical additions as above. Added a Limbsaver just for the correct LOP, and it just feels better than a chunk of tire. Just waiting on the bottom metal to get back in stock and shipped. This picture shows the Mountain Tactical pineapple bolt handle, which I have on all three now. I didn't have the bolt handles changed on the others when I took the pictures. The Tikka plastic oversize knobs work O.K., but $55 for a large plastic marble isn't really that great.
[Linked Image]

All of these are wearing Warne medium rings. Top 2 are 30mm Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS Windplex. 243 is a 1" VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS Windplex. 300 Mag. shoots the 175 LRX. 145 LRX in the 280 Ackley. I have a bunch of various loads in the 243, but my go to hunting load is the 80 gn. TTSX.

People will pay for the "throw away" OEM parts from new Tikkas. I sold all the OEM stuff: $75 for the factory plastic bottom "metal", $20 for the factory Torx screws, $30 for the aluminum scope rings, $30 for the sling swivels, $30 for the factory plastic shroud, $30 for the factory bolt handle, $5 for the little sticker that comes in the box. Helps cover the aftermarket upgrades.

Last edited by KenMi; 03/19/17.