Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You hit on something important there, Jeff.

I have always liked to call coyotes. smile

Once word gets around that you may actually know what you are doing, the invitations and requests come pretty regular.

Inevitably, I would get calls to come out to someone's sheep ranch. They want someone to call and kill away all their coyote problems. whistle

Frankly, I'd rather call coyotes on Broadway in NYC. Probably stand a better chance of killing coyotes too!

Ranches that have net wire fences and are ongoing with predator control don't have many, if any coyotes.

An occasional trespassing coyote, maybe.

In many cases, a sheep/goat operation has their killing done by surrounding coyotes that have learned to hit and run. Even seen some climb or jump fences to get into a sheep ranch. They leave after they kill, too.

Interesting but makes sense. The one yote I shot, was eating on a dead goat that died of natural causes. It was coming across a wide open space, I missed getting off a good shot the evening before, but not that morning. 7x300 wtby had to stretch its legs for once a bit... something over 300 yards.

our deal has goats off and on. No net fence on half of it, but its one of those 13 strand barb wire fence deals thats damn near 5.5 feet high... The game fence on the other sides is easy to snare, the deer don't come through the tiny low holes....

I suppose in reality it makes sense if you don't stay on top of them, they will over run you.

Amazingly before the 13 strand fence was put in place we had lots of feral hogs. I think in teh last 5 years since the fence, we've shot one and I had another on camera. I'd not think that fence would slow em one bit...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....