I've had various mortgages over the years, FHA type loans, loans with PMI, etc.,

the best deal I received was a bundled deal with my bank I'd been with for several years. With checking, savings, a credit card and mortgage all bundled together, with them pulling the mortgage payment from my checking account - I'm getting a very good rate plus a bunch of peripheral benefits like no fees, etc for my other stuff

I went to lending tree and filled out the pre-requisite stuff, and I guess they did their job because people wouldn't leave me alone. I was getting 10-12 calls a day from lenders local and in other states. I finally had to start blocking them to leave me alone.

I wish I had taken out a 15 year loan on my first house, but I also know how tough it is when you're starting out. Seems like I bought a whole house farting around moving from place to place buying a house in each town. I didn't get serious about paying one off until I settled down.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/20/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings