I talked with Phil Schiffer the head guy at Schiffer publications this afternoon. They have just about sold all of the first printing of my book and he wants to know about any changes that need to be made for a second printing. I know of a few. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated. He needs the info in 4 or 5 weeks.
We talked some about an actual 2nd addition but I think that new info would work best in a new book.
He REALLY wants me to write a second book. I told him my biggest problem is the time and money for me to do all the traveling involved. I told him the reason we need to travel to the people with the rifles is for Charlotte or I to get proper photographs of the rifles. Curved shiny surfaces are really difficult to photograph properly and we have perfected that. He offered to have anyone with rifles I wanted photographed to bring them to Schiffer's studio in Atglen, Pa. I want this book to cover engraving in depth and I want to include as many of the non-cataloged variations as possible. Any of you guys who have rifles that fall into this category PM or email with your thoughts on taking your rifles to Schiffer's studio. If we can do this I can get on track to start the book this Summer. Thanks, David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]