aalf,

AM's are a nice default,but the MDT Herd Clips are handy fhuqking fhuqkers.(grin)

Have never seen or heard of an issue and we all gun 'em. I shoot them myself,in a Goodly Herd and both in outright DBM bottom metal and integral Chassis,less issue(s). I LOVE them. 223,223AI and 270 all,with nothing shorter than 75 A-Max or longer than Burger 105 High Birds.

Smattering here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Once set up,everyone shifts gears to drive an MDT poly 10-rounder home,to start things off.(grin)

To add COAL,I tend to depress followers with empty cases and simply whittle what I need,with all staring me in the face. Takes only seconds.

[Linked Image]

I've never had to touch an MDT or AM interior,to regulate feed/function,other than increase OEM COAL. On my XHCG Chassis 223AI,I did need to whittle the back of MDT mag ribs,in order for them to go into battery and allow ease of the mag latch. A portion of that,is likely due to my penchant to add MUCH spring retention to latches,to preclude dropping a mag on a Cast & Blast.

I doubled up on springs,in the XHCG Chassis,as per it's latch. Also shortened the latch,to reduce leverage,for like reason(s).

[Linked Image]

KILLER fhuqking set up.

Now as AICS magwell flavored DBM's go,their footprints are all over the map in relative sizing. NONE are lesser than an OEM BDL,due the girth associated with said mags,but some are more svelte than others.

For them on the fly,CDI will inlet your stock for their AICS DBM upon purchase,free of charge. They are fast,friendly and do nice work. Might could well be an option for some.

[Linked Image]

MDT's are VERY nice to brass.

Hint.(grin)