Originally Posted by Calvin
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure they can fix healthcare.

They'd have to get rid of the "pre-existing" conditions coverage. They'd have to knock 20 million off medicaid and thus "20 million would loose coverage". They'd have to deny illegals care and anyone else who would walk through the door without cash or insurance.

These things would make the Republicans look very bad, and the media would run horror story after horror story on people going bankrupt etc.

The entire system would have to be redone and reshaped. From the top to the bottom.

Indeed, Calvin. You are correct I'm afraid. Insurance of any kind only works when most people who pay for it don't use it. Life insurance is the most obvious example.

Folks with pre-existing conditions are by definitions a massive drain on the system. Forcing insurance companies to pay for their medical care blows up the formula.

As an attorney I do compliance work for insurance companies in general, and at times, health insurance companies specifically. Really smart people have tried to figure this out and there is no perfect solution.