Originally Posted by Obi_Wan
I wouldn't give mine up for 2 Montanas. Its a boatload of fun to shoot and will make a great deer rifle for most places I hunt. Keep your shots to 100 yards or less and it will do the job. Might even got to 150, but that would be stretching it a bit. Great way to punch paper and will use it on coyotes soon.

I don't have a Ruger but I gots a Browning Low Wall in .357. I've killed three pronghorns with it. The longest shot was just over 250 yards at a doe that had been gut shot by another hunter. I used a 180 gr SSP and a heavy load of H110. She turned just as I fired and the bullet caught her just above the "elbow" on the front shoulder and did a lot of damage. She flopped out of sight into the creek bed. I reloaded with a 215gr gas check and ran up to the creek bank. She was trying to climb out the other side and I shot her thru the neck. The big lead bullet broke her neck and just hammered her into the ground.

One other doe was about 150-160 yards walking broad side. A 158gr XTP hit her right behind the shoulder - bang - flop.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie