More experimenting today....

IWB is out for now. Because of the nerve damage issues, any IWB on my strong side won't work. My little finger interferes with obtaining a grip with the gun pressed so tight to my body. I think I will be okay though with the right OWB holster.

I had pretty much abandoned IWB with compact pistols anyway, long before the injury. I almost completely stopped carrying the K9 in the VMII and switched to the DeSantis Mini-Slide - which I am doing with weak hand currently. Not that the VMII wasn't working - I just rarely have any need to go IWB with such a compact pistol, because I can conceal it well enough with the Mini-Slide, and it's easier to live with.

But the Mini-Slide isn't available for the Shield - which surprised me. Another OWB concealment holster I've used happily is the Galco Combatmaster. Messing around some more with the one I have, for a snubby SP101, it was interesting to find that I now can get a good grip on the Hogue-gripped SP101 with my injured hand. Didn't work last time I tried it. smile Going to have to give that a go with some stout loads and see what happens, just for fun. Might be my trail gun for a while....

So anyway - I'm giving serious consideration to the DeSantis Speed Scabbard right now. While kydex makes a lot of sense to me for IWB these days, I'm not liking any of the kydex OWB holsters I've viewed so far for concealment.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.