Got my 3-18x44 firedot in today. The zero lock turrets are awesome and my hopes were realized, the clicks are MUCH more positive than the original VX-6's. They've also addressed the issue of the gold emblems falling off the alumina caps (I've had that happen twice) by the new ones simply having them printed on. The glass is superb. I was able to turn the parallax down and read the words on the binders of magazines (field and streams and such) at 3-4x from 10 ft away sitting on my living room couch. Two negatives that I've already rattled off an email to Leupold CS about: 1) The throw lever was not in the box even though the install wrench was and 2) The manual says the alumina caps were installed but not tightened at the factory to allow adjustment of the eyepiece focus. Mine was put on by a gorrilla. I had to put a blanket over the hinge of the eyepiece cover and simultaneously maintain a strong grip on the slim eyepiece focus and tap the hinge pretty good a few times to get it loose so I could set it properly.