Here in Minnesota about 1/2 the state is handguns/muzzle loader/shotgun only. I am of somewhat mixed feelings about that. I can do almost anything with a muzzle loader or handgun I can do with a CF rifle.a few years back I killed four n my neighborhood with a ML rifle. Worked to perfection. But... When you are working with an over population situation what would be ideal is legal baiting and a down loaded .223 with a suppressor. That's something already being done by the people commercially reducing populations in the metro area.

The last three years I have killed four/year with a crossbow. That's handy because you can start n mid-September. The year II killed four with the ML I did it in December and it was really cold. I had four hanging frozen solid all at once. Skinning and butchering frozen deer when it's below zero is not fun. In about an hour I can zip them out of the hide and have them in pieces in a cooler and on ice. So, doing four in a week with a .223 would be easy enough.

I down loaded the ML so that it was quieter and the neighbors had no idea. With the crossbow, I had two out of the lot that made it onto someone else's property. Getting permission to recover them was no issue, but I don't like to bother them.

Just legalizing rifles in the shotgun zone won't do it for me. Cutting the noise alone could. Cutting the noise and legalizing baiting in over population situations is the right thing because not bothering people who may not appreciate what you are doing is only being neighborly and considerate of them.