They are sending 6% of their funds to other agencies. So that is probably not helping either.

I'd be very comfortable saying that any gov agency could benefit from some cost cutting initiatives. So for example. All of the residents and non-residents who sent in money for just a preference point, no desire to draw a tag at all. Why have them send in the entire amount? That is forcing the DOW to cut checks and mail all of those back out again. Send in the amount of the point only like other states are already doing.

And another. Don't send out the hundreds of thousands of paper big game brochures. I have 4 people at my place who apply for tags. Each year we get 4 big game brochures and 4 sheep and goat brochures. Make that luxury something that you have to request if you aren't capable of looking at it online. That alone would save millions between print costs and postage costs.

Its just another inept gov bureaucracy but in this case they know that instead of raising taxes, all they have to do is raise license fees and that will solve their financial incompetence for a few more years.