Originally Posted by saddlesore

If it was only an increase in the tags it wouldn't be so bad, but tack another $20 for the application fee,another $5 for the Habitat Stamp( which I don't have to pay) and compound the increase of all tag fees for deer, pronghorn,elk turkey, bear, fishing, park fees ,user fees and it is a substantial hit to the pocket book.Maybe not to some but it sure is for me.Couple that with all the other small increases that the government, local,state, federal gets into the pocket book each year and I am seeing an increase of a few thousand dollars a year. Many of us will be forced to decide which big game hunts we will no longer participate in.

The CPW commissioners are appointed by the governor.Most of them are great folks, but those dozen members will decide how much/when these fee increases will take place. I am pretty sure they will be looking out for the CPW and not the consumer.

It's like the guy saying premium bullets are such a small part of the cost of the hunt,it doesn't matter. All those small parts add up.

I can't agree more with what you said, Saddlesore. For those of us that put in for multiple animals, that increase in application fees will add up. Put an increase on the license fees and it becomes too much. The fishermen buy one license and are done. Hunters that hunt multiple species end up footing the bill for everyone else. I think maybe CPW ought to look at cutting back to fit within the budget they have. Or else make every person that hikes our trails or enters parks or recreation areas pay a fee. Otherwise, the commissioners are going to be increasing the license and application fees every few years.