I always wanted an M92 Winchester carbine, but could not afford it...sooo, bought a Rossi .357 and rebarrelled it to .256 Win Mag. Real hard to beat with either Hornady 60gr flat points or Lyman 65gr cast gas-checks.
I really liked a .25/35 M94(actually, an M64 would be better, but...) so bought an M94 .32Spl. made in 1941 and rebarrelled IT to .25/35 Improved. Sure works well with the before-mentioned Lyman 65gr cast. Sure makes a nice deer rifle with it's 21" barrel and 1/2 magazine when using Hornady 117gr round nose.
When I left Alaska (southeast) I brought "Baby" with me. She was the first levergun I carried for any length of time. She jumped into my arms whenever I went for a "walk in the woods." She is the fastest-mounting rifle I've EVER carried.
She started life as a Browning M71, with a new 20" .375/348 Improved barrel. With 300gr Roundnose soft points on board, she isn't much less than a .375 H&H!
With 285gr or 300gr cast with a hat-full of pistol powder, she does well for deer (or moose).
I've got all my wishes, so why look for more?
Have fun,
Gene