My favorite niece, the College All-American air rifle shooter, from some years back has a problem with a local transmission shop and I get to go help again tomorrow morning...

196k on a diesel Ram...

Suddenly went into limp mode without warning or suspected issue...

Dealership says "PO753" is code but they cannot get to it for two weeks, $1,100 to repair via replacing solenoid and (damn, this getting forgetful pisses me off!) and the transmission wiring harness.

Another shop says they can get to it right away for $600.

A week later they drive it into their shop and change the parts...

Limp mode remains...

They suggest the transmission is seriously worn and they will rebuild for a fixed price and "eat" the $600.

The transmission is rebuilt but they find the batteries are completely dead and offer to replace them for "just" the cost of the batteries.

Limp mode remains...

They decide the solenoid may be the problem and they "order a new one" to replace the newly replaced one...

Solenoid is replaced and the truck goes out of limp mode...

The brand new batteries are completely discharged in a couple hours during the work...

It has now been over three weeks and bad blood is running bridle deep to a tall horse...

Thoughts or suggestions?

Oh, this morning's conversation with the shop owner did not go well when he insisted on calling my niece "Sweetie," "Sugar," "Honey," and "Dear" and drop an F-Bomb and more. She wanted to bite his head off, but she now realizes he was just trying to get her to goat (done!!!) and get the opportunity to chase her out the door.

Alaska Transmission and Gear for the interested.

I have a plan to be started tomorrow to get the obvious invoices, return notices, replaced parts, etc...

Would appreciate any insights into what I really need to get. I take over in the morning.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.