Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well since Calif won't allow citizens to Conceal, what does the public think will happen...

what do these punks have to fear...

not a damned thing...

a good headline would be, 10 teen punks dead and another 25 to 30 severely wounded and in intensive care...

parents are charged with their childrens crimes and have to pay restitution...

Seafire,

that's a broad generalization. Holds true for many jurisdictions, especially in the Bay Area, but not for the rest of the state.

Not to defend Kommiefornia, however, Cali is a "may issue" state, not a shall issue state. The local chief LEO "may" issue a permit, but doesn't have to.

Examples:

When I lived in Humboldt county I was a permit holder. Our sheriff then was "liberal" in granting permits. He was even asked, during an election year if I recall, why he gave out so many, to paraphrase the reporter. His response, again paraphrasing, I have a 40 x 60 mile county and on any given night I have three deputies working, average response time is 45 mins, should I tell my rural constituents to wait until a deputy arrives. The reporter got a bit quieter after that.

Fresno County a few years back, my wife's neighbor was a permit holder and told me even as a non-resident I would probably be given a permit should I choose to apply. Just explain to the sheriff my frequent traveling back and forth at night from work to my wife's place.

A county in northern CA I may retire to, soon maybe even. The sheriff there is known to be a big supporter of 2A rights, I even sat a few seats down at the Friends of NRA banquet and watched him happily bidding on auction items. Word from friends there is all I have to do to get a permit is ask, assuming I'm not disqualified. This sheriff signs onto lawsuits against many of the stupid gun laws that make it through the legislature.

Now, I have no problem with folks saying a lot of the more populated counties/cities it's nearly impossible to get a ccw permit. Please don't broad stroke the whole state.

Believe it or not, there are many good chief LEO's there, with the right idea about their citizens. But politics being politics, they don't hold sway over the big metro areas unfortunately.

Seafire, you should be familiar enough with the problems folks in rural N Ca and all of Eastern CA have, they're the same problems S OR has, being dictated to from the major cities in the state.

Now, had a ccw holder from another jurisdiction in CA been on board that train, just by chance, he/she has a right to carry in Oakland (maybe not on BART tho?, don't know, never rode it). The outcome might have been a bit different then.

Geno

Many Many years ago
I tried to apply for my CCW in San Bernardino County
The regulation book was almost as thick as a ream of paper.

Among the regulation requirements was a year of pre law classes
and you had to supply a list of all of your neighbors names and addresses in a 6 block radius around your home so that the Sheriffs could interview every single one of them about you.

They estimated that it would take you 2 years in the best case.

At the end of the book it said that they could revoke the CCW at any time for no reason.

I threw the book in the trash.

I do not know how it is now.