Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by llamalover2
What are the components for that 2-1/2 oz SBE load? Would love to load some up.

Are you guys loco en la cabeza?! crazy grin 2½ ozs. shot @ 1500fps, 10 gauge magnums that put almond size knots on your cheeks, 17 shots and you're so buggered you can't shoot the next day, etc., etc. ??? God looks out for folks like that, I suppose. Maybe not. smile

Gotta practice that reading comprehension stuff. I said 1-1/2 oz (of steel) at 1500 fps 2-1/2 oz (of lead) 1150 fps My point to him was there IS NO LOAD for 2-1/2 oz for a 12...

So his point was you can hunt with less gun and get kicked less, not exactly an unknown concept.

Yes I was a bit crazy back when lead was legal for honkers (1980) Being 20 aint for wimps!

I set up a cocky fella (little man syndrome) told him I was having trouble patterning my 10, wanted help from an expert...

He puffed up and shot about 6-7 as I fed him 2-1/2 oz loads as I shot 2 oz (dove loads!) I was cracking up the whole time cause I KNEW what they do to you!!

At about the 4th one he was shaking his head after the shot, then rubbing his cheek and eventually said I don't really want to shoot anymore Kevin...

Was it kinda mean? yep, Was it funny as hell?? YEPPPP!!!

And these don't compare to the 1-2/3 oz slug loads, I only had the balls to fire a couple of them and they are waiting on my blood trailing of a Cape buffalo with Capstick adventure...