Originally Posted by HonestJohn
I had to get a new ID for this one, as I don't want to tarnish my reputation. Haha. About 35 years ago I was very much into horses. I rode all the time, trail, shows, and even a few rodeos. I wasn't especially a talented horseman, but I had the best little horse in my part of the country, and she took care of me. One night a buddy and myself had been to a team roping in Paris, TN. Some of the other guys there suggested that we stop in at Hank's Place on our way back home. Hank's Place was a nightspot in Paris opened up by Hank Williams Jr., who was a nearby resident. We had just pulled our truck and horse trailer into the parking lot and got out, when 2 girls got came running towards us. One of them, a very hot little blonde, said "hot damn, I see the closet thing I've seen of a cowboy since I left Oklahoma". I didn't really consider myself to be a cowboy, but I guess I was dressed the part, in boots and jeans. We introduced ourselves, and turns out she was a 19 year old aspiring country singer, who was doing a gig there at Hank's, as well as also In Nashville, when she could find one. We went in, had a few drinks and dances, and she and I really hit it off. She said let's go out and ride your horse, but when we got outside in my truck, we did another kind of riding, if you catch my drift. Very good "riding" too, as she was a very enthusiastic rider. Well, I went to see her in Paris again a few weeks later, and afterwards found it hard to want to leave. Some time after that, I took my horses and met her at the nearby Land Between the Lakes and spent the day riding. Yes, actually horseback riding this time, plus a couple of other sessions of that other kind of "riding" that she was so good at. Now, she was starting to get to me, and I was so tore up about it that I couldn't eat or sleep. You see, I was married and 12 years older than she was, and I was beginning to feel very bad about what I was doing. She was pretty much a free spirit, getting by mostly on what her folks back home were sending her, as her singing gigs didn't pay much. I realized that all we really had in common was the sex we were having, and that to take things any further would be a huge mistake on my part, and probably cost me everything I was working to accomplish. So, I just walked away, and never contacted or saw her again, got my life back together, and am still married to the same woman. But, about 3 or 4 years afterwards, I'm watching TV one night and they're talking about the Country Music Association awards, and interviewing the different stars. Then I saw "her", one of the nominees for newest star, or something of the sort. She had changed her last name, but still looked very pretty, and turns out I'd been hearing her hit song on the radio and just didn't know who it was. Okay, to wind this up, she had a very nice career as a country singer, had several hit songs, and for several years was in the country music news quite a bit. I thought once or twice about trying to contact her, but thought it was better to let a sleeping dog lie. Anyway, I'm sure she didn't want to see me after the way I dumped her, and besides, she was married by that time. True story.

People who cheat on their spouses are among the lowest form of dogmeat in the world, in my opinion.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001