I found a guy and his kids emptying crab traps at the marina, told him almost politely that the traps belonged to a friend of mine and they should leave them alone. His response was he didn't know who they belonged to, and I answered, "Well, you damn sure knew they weren't yours, didn't you?"

Same group saw my buddy's small boat he kept there to do in-the-water chores on his boat, pushed it off in the water, played around in it, then started to walk off. I "encouraged" them to pull it back up on the dock where they found it, and not touch it again. Since my friend wasn't going to be there that weekend, I put a chain and lock on the boat. Next day I heard the newcomer tell a friend of his that "Some [bleep] put a lock on the paddleboat". I told him, "Yes, the owner of the boat did. OK with you?" Our marina didn't even provide water hoses or dock lines, much less complimentary baited crab traps and free boats to play in.

Not much chance of his kids growing up to be polite citizens either, I would guess.

Mike