I have a dieing deer camp in northern wisconsin , . I am usually the only one that goes up except my son goes up a few times a year ( 3 last year) . Thankfully the taxes re only 210 dollars. The deer hunting terrible, it is 243 mi. one way, muggy and so many mosquitos all summer they will drive you insane. I dont go up from mid June to Labor day or so . The fishing sucks except for smallmouth. The grouse and bear hunting is very good so I am just going to grouse hunt . It takes 8 yrs to get a bear tag to make it worse. It eats very little hay so I keep it. I was only there one time this year and might go this weekend to fish and look for wolf kills. The day still might come where I just up and sell it. I had 8 hunters there the first year in 1989. After 10 years it was 5 or so . Now it is just my son and I and as far as I care it can stay that way. If BIL wants to hunt there again, it's fine with me. I treasure is in heaven not on this earth. My dad will never be there again . Wanted him to come up one more time but as time passed it was more likely he never would.. . . . I see more deer on public land 5 miles from my house anyways. I imagine I could get 60k for it easy. End up with 50k after taxes and realtor. I can have a lot of fun on 45k in a 4% tax free muni bond . That is almost 2 k a year in div. tax free and I dont have to pay taxes on the land or upkeep. Hardly worth having your own deer camp anymore.

Last edited by ihookem; 05/03/17.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23