I have two loads for my Whelens. 225 grain TTSX over 59 grains of IMR-4064. This load goes 2715 fps out of my 26" MGM barreled Encore and 2669 fps out of my 24" barrel Ruger Hawkeye. 250 Speer Hot Cor over 55.5 grains of H4895. This one averages 2556 fps out of my Encore. I have not tried it in the Hawkeye yet. The Encore has a 1:14 twist and the Ruger has a 1:12 twist. The TTSX load shoots well under MOA in both guns. The Hot-Cor is my latest load and gives one hole accuracy at 50 yards with the Encore. Actually, the TTSX load does everything I need it to do, but it is nice to have options. I am anxious to hit a hog with the Hot Cor. I went through a lot of powder in developing these loads. What is amazing is that when the right load comes along there is no question about it. It just clicks. I did try Reloder 15, also Varget, H380 and IMR-4064 when working up something with the 250 grain Speer. H-380 gave good accuracy, but no velocity. H4895 was the best for both accuracy and velocity. This is the first time I have used this powder for anything. I bought it to try with the Speer bullet as nothing else was satisfactory.

Last edited by Gladesman; 08/10/17.

There was no greater freedom than when I would leave Holiday Park Fish Camp heading my airboat west toward the Big Cypress. Fuel for 4 days, a good machete, an ice chest. No phone, no radio. Just God and me and the Everglades.