Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Talked to my brother in Ft Myers tonight. What with the slow crawl on I-75, he couldn't make it out of Florida without running out of gas. And even gas stations in Destin and Ft Walton Beach were out of gas yesterday.....

Exactly, my point. And just now FOX reported several hotels in Daytona are telling their guests they must leave by 11AM for parts unknown. Given the fuel and unavailable accommodations further up the road these folks have to be freaking out.

Figure if this were me I would drive as far North as I could and just park at a 7-11 or Walmart parking lot. Hopefully, far enough out of harms way to be protected. From there I would likely never go back to FL. laugh

my gmc has a 500 mile range when full, could always fill up the 14, 5 gal. gas jugs from our farm tank and if felt like it could fill up a 55 gal drum or the auxillary 28 gal. boat fuel tank and put them in the back. Freeze dried, water jugs, tents, bags, pads, stoves and a lil hardware.

Where ya wanna go momma?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.