Originally Posted by bobnob17
Thank you Jordan. I suspect I'll be able to interchange the IMR data with the H version for less-than-full-house loads.

While the thread is still going, I have a general question about fire forming loads: Am I better loading as close to high working pressures as case capacity of the unformed brass will allow, or going for medium, middle of the road loads?

The reason I ask is that I intend to (for the most part) fireform while culling feral pigs, goats and such, so ideally want healthy muzzle velocities and good accuracy too. I'm not to excited about shooting for the sake of forming cases only; I might as well be shooting at the real thing.

I'll be using some PPU / Prvi 90g SP bullets for these culling / forming loads. I would like to think I'd get about 3100fps or so. How would I go using a max load of H4350 for the SAAMI 243 Win as a forming load, looking for that kind of speed.

(Sorry I have re-read my post and it's a little all over the place. Hope it makes sense.)

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Max SAAMI .243 Win loads work fine for FF in an AI chamber. Think factory ammo.

In multiple AI chambers (one a 243AI), I've simply taken book max loads for a given bullet/powder, loaded to a slight-kiss OAL and formed both on targets and game. All of them have been very accurate loads, killed lots of stuff, and formed nicely.