Several...dozen years ago I was visiting with a custom action manufacturer who just happened to pick Bryan, TX to open up shop. We talked about a lot of things, but I mainly listened. He told me he proofed his actions at 200,000 PSI. I think he said his proofing was among the highest, but, other manufacturers sometimes proofed theirs to 100,000 PSI. At the time I had already purchased a Hall G action. If I've ever seen an action that absolutely would not come apart it was that Hall G action. It might destroy the bolt and barrel, sending one down range and the other through the shooters head, but the main part of the action would survive a nuclear strike.

I had to vigorously "tap" the bolt handle on that Hall G action one time. I was shooting a 30-378 using 180 grains Nosler Partitions over a charge of IMR 7828. I'm not sure why I loaded those rounds with that load of 7828, but it obviously was way too much. That wrapped up the day. I took the other rounds home and pulled the bullets and reloaded them with a sane charge of H50BMG.