Thanks. I've long had the idea, and that's all it was, that the hot core process MAY bond some jackets, but probably not all. Your observations kind'a lend at least a little credence to that "opinion." I've never personally had one separate, but that's also true of the BT versions that do not "benefit" from the hot core process. I just haven't had the chance to see enough examples in recovered bullets (most pass through our smallish southern whitetails) to be able to get some good field "proofs" of my theory one way or another. I've always had really good results from Speer cup and core bullets, whether FB hot core or BT's. But then, I tend to use calibers that are legitimately "overkill" on these game animals, and once I get one in my crosshairs, they usually don't have a chance, whatever bullets I've stoked my loads with. But .... the field is a strange place, where most anything, even the "unthinkable" CAN sometimes happen. And being as sure as humanly possible is never a bad idea "out there."

And BTW, thanks for some very clear-headed articles on a very consistent basis. You seem to always wait for empirical "proofs" before opining firmly on any subject. That makes your articles highly valued. Thanks.