Pulling a bush ain't the same as pulling a stump. OTOH, last year when I was up at hunting camp, cousin and his son were pulling some sorta bushes out from in front of the farmhouse, that his missus didn't want in there any more. They'd hacked at the "trunks" with an axe, kid hooked onto one with his Polaris ATV and couldn't budge it. Told him he was probably gonna break the welds on the receiver hitch, which he finally did, after putting the front of the 4x4 up in the air a time or two. It was the "running start" approach that sealed the deal. Chain didn't break, hitch did.

IH 666 diesel across the road in the barn, would've probably snatched the bushes. No idea why they didn't just go get it? Guess kid was sure his ATV was up to the task? Finally got out my 3/8 chain and snatched 'em out with my Chevy Silverado.

My Ford Jubilee has the mounting bracket for a swinging drawbar, just never needed one yet, but that is the preferred method for pulling something heavy or stout - you want the lowest possible pulling point..

When I was a kid spending summers on the farm in the 50s, an uncle baled hay with a Ford 8N and a baler that had a Wisconsin motor on it to run the baler. Years later, the Amish down the road from camp, did the same thing with their "pony motor" powered baler. Only it was on steel wheels and pulled by a team of nags.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.