Hey Mule Deer, thanks for the clarification on the power rating effecting dim light viewing. You're right, in the past the "twilight factor" was a bigger deal than today and that's mainly because of the improvements in glass quality and coatings. Correct? Here is another thing that at times irks me about the gun writers and let's use me and my situation as an example. I read an article not to long ago about you and hunting in the Missouri Breaks with another hunter who was using a European high dollar binocular. You let him try yours out, and he saw, how much better your Chinese made binoculars were at half the price. Same situation with a guide in Alaska. Good article, but my beef is, why wasn't the name of these Chinese made binoculars mentioned so us readers can check them out and possibly buy a pair. I see this happen all the time with the gun writers. Articles where a gun writer is going to wring out the best .243 as an example. Winchester, Remington and Ruger. So I'm in the market for a .243 and buy the magazine only to read the last paragraph and have it say "Oh, it doesn't matter which one you buy they're all just peachy". B.S. I want a clear winner, and an explanation as to why it is the best of the three. Sometimes I think you guys are afraid of stepping on the manufacturers toes. I for one don't buy it. I want the truth. If the manufacturer comes in third place so be it. Maybe coming in third place will make them stand up and improve their product. So with that being said and my situation on purchasing a binocular and your knowledge on them how about throwing a couple of makes and models that "you" feel are a big bang for the buck. Anyone else out there that wants to jump in on this feel free. Discussions like this are what these forums are all about in my opinion. I not picking on you Mule Deer, just all the gun writers in general. I look at the gun writers as the experts. They have the experience and the contacts with the manufacturers and I come to you for advise and the straight scoop and buy magazines that indirectly pay you writers bills. Therefore I believe we deserve truthful answers and if that means stepping on toes so be it. Nuff said. RRM