Well Mule Deer, seeing that I was one who also believed in lower power and larger objective lens was better for evening viewing you have set me straight and I thank you for that. Now I think I'm going to give an eight power a hard look. Maybe an 8 x 42. Might try to make it down to Cabela's, they seem to have a fairly wide selection of binoculars. May look at the Nikon's, I have an older Nikon camera and if they make their binoculars and rifle scopes like the cameras then they are a good bang for the buck. I agree with you also on the way things change over night, like computers, good today obsolete tomorrow, and that's why you don't stick your neck out on this brand or that. I understand. On another subject. I don't know how often you guys that write for Handloader and Rifle bump into each other and I don't know if he hangs out on the Campfire, but if you run into Pearce tell him trying to fill Ken Water's shoes on Pet Loads would be hard to do, but I think he is doing an outstanding job and I have even used some of his loads with good results. See ya around. RRM

P.S. I am going to put you on the spot. The Maven line of binoculars was mentioned and it seems they are not available in stores to look at. Have you ever tried one out and if so was it an ok binocular for the price?