Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Need a tent for son's first scout campout, and I threw out mine after the flood a little over a year ago. Doesn't need to be an ultralight backpacking tent, but I would lean towards something that I wouldn't mind carrying a couple miles. Leaning towards a 3 person tent (have 2 kids and wife has no interest in camping). Not looking to spend a lot, but want one to keep us dry if we were rained on. 3 season tent with decent ventilation that's easy to set up should meet its purpose (camping in the South).

Do stores like Bass Pro, Cabelas, Academy, or Wal-Mart have any decent tents meeting our fairly basic needs? We also have a BSA Scout Shop near us that has camping gear. Wife wants to buy one at a local store (we have all those I listed) so the buying is part of the experience for our son, and I think that would be good. Any recommendations?

My default in the past would have been to go to REI, but their Left Coast leadership has revealed their anti 2nd Amendment opinion, so if I have another good option, I'll go with the other option.

Budget is pretty important when you ask questions like this.

Also, REI isn't hurting your rights any more than Bass Pro or Amazon so I wouldn't close that door too quickly.

You'll want a four man (minimum). Forget a three.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house