Originally Posted by JeffRaines
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Considered WM bags, but their weight-to-warmth ratio made them too heavy IMO.

Joe,
I am curious about this. I have 3 WM bags: A Kodiak, which(for me) is good to about -5*F and weighs(my scales) right at 3 lbs. I also have a Puma which, on my scales, weighs in at 3 lbs 14oz, which I have taken down to the rated -25*F with no issues, and finally, an Alpinlite, which I haven't weighed, but does great down to the rated 20*F.
These seem like pretty good numbers to me.
What do you use, if I may ask?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all these bags are 6" in length.

Me too - I'd like to see what kind of bag he's using.

Quilts sound nice and all, but I've heard a lot of people say they can be really fiddly, and to be honest I'll gladly accept the weight penalty to be able to come back to camp and have one less thing to worry with. Get in the bag, zip it up, sleep.

For the record, I use a WM Versatile. Best zipper I've ever used. Its a hell of an investment but I consider it like my binoculars - if all goes well, I'm buying once and thats it... if I buy another bag, it'll be a summer bag.
I have a UGQ quilt. If you have problems with one coming untucked, this one can be used with as many as 3 straps to keep it in. I've never needed more than one, though. My old bags were a nightmare for the zippers getting snagged. I don't know how many times I laid in bed at 2 am with the bladder screaming while I tried to get the #$%^&* zipper unstuck. No more. I just throw the quilt off and roll out. I'm a side sleeper. I fasten the strap behind me and lay on the edge of the quilt and it stays tucked nicely. In front of me, I just pull it in tight. I've never had a problem even when it's real cold.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.