Originally Posted by 21
This sure is an old thread, but since it has returned.........Get past the glitz-----and comparatively speaking in relation to other commemoratives it's not much, it is a factory heavy barreled non-tang safety Savage 99 in the most accurate caliber ever put in this particular rifle that shoots lights out---at least mine does.

I like the octagon barrel, old style safety, straight stock, brass follower, and once you get past the glitz, it's a pretty nice shooter, IMNSHO. I kinda like the rifle.

Was bored at a gunshow, traded a rifle I couldn't get to shoot, and got a rifle that is a pretty good shooter.

I'm thinking of loading up some cast for it, again. My first attempt was not all that successful, I was getting lead on the necks of my fired cases. After abandoning the cast venture, I loaded up some 155 Hornady A-Max bullets, pretty pleased with the results.

It's a way better gun than any of the Winchester '94 Commemorative stuff, IMHO. Although I do like my Bat Masterson 30-30.

[Linked Image]

Williams receiver on the back, some sort of globe thing on the front, just like when I bought it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]