Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
What did your mentor learn you on it? I would not have asked if I was not open to listening...

I think my point was he felt like he did a lot of tracking of people that shot 44 Magnum during deer season. He was not necessarily a big gun guy because when they made the 223 legal here with Barnes Bullets he was deadly. He just felt like he did a lot of unnecessary tracking with Wounded deer in 44mags. But as I read the comments on this post with great interest that is not everybody else's experience it seems some people are very happy with the 44 Magnum. So again it may be people taking potshots at distances they should not or not well-placed shots the tainted his view. Most information that he handed down to me I found to be very valuable but I also as someone who likes to try my own stuff too and at times I find my results could be a little different but I still value his Insight very much God bless him.

I think with quite a few of the long time campfire members SSB had pretty good credibility

Hank.

I've been on more tracking parties for 30-06 shot deer at my camp than 243 victims.