Ihave 6 Model 71s including 450 Alaskan and 348 ACK Imp.The Browning versions with no tang lawyer safety is very strong. I would rate
the Browning 1886/71 about 5K stronger than the originals, and definitely stronger than the 1895, the new 1895s not that much stronger.
Rate the Browning 71 as stronger than a Marlin 1895.

Have owned 2 or 3 original 1895s in 405 WCF.

No rear locking lever action is going to protect you with a bad case or overloaded shell. Gas will blow by and you will visit the morgue or eye doc and lawyers office.Winchester
stopped the 30-=06 in the 1895 because people made mistakes with German 8mm ammo after WW l- Rather than pay law suit money, Winchester stopped chambering the 95 in 30-06-eventually.

You cannot push hot reloading practices in a lever action M-71 or 1895. Just re-chamber or buy a 340 Weatherby magnum and forget hot roddin a 71/1895.

Last edited by 450Fuller; 06/29/20.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....