I am continuing this from another post in the custom forum.

It seems now that there is some question about the tolerances and the squareness of this action. Mr. Kampfeld reported that he measured one and it was no more true than an unworked factory Rem. 700 action. I do not know Mr. Kampfeld but it seems to me from this site that his reputation and knowledge are both top notch.

This is really starting to bother me beacause I am having my first custom rifle built by Chris Mathews from LSR. I decided to go with the Predator action after talking it over with Chris. Chris had nothing but good things to say about the action.

I understood when I ordered it, that the Predator did not have bench rest tolerances, but it was my understanding that it was produced with fairly tight tolerances and was a square and true action.

I don't want to spend all this money on an action that is not up to par with others in the same range. I would have spent the extra money to get a tighter, more square action.

Chris had just informed me that all my components for the build are in, then I hear this about the Predator Action - I need a drink!!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 07/26/07.