I hunted hogs in California last fall. They provided an information booklet at the license office In that booklet it said that 40 plus states have wild hogs and in the next 20 years all of 50 will. They seem to think it is a very fast growing population of animals that will become a problem if not controlled.

I have seen token animals in a few states like Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Nothing to call huntable, or a problem. I do know they can survive almost any environment, as long as there is water. Water seems to be the biggest limitation to the wild hog survival, they can eat and grow on just about anything. So those PNW states I've mentioned Should be loaded with hogs if there is really a problem with them. There is plenty of water, and an endless supply of food for them.

In California I've seen lots of hogs on private ranches, but hunting on Public land has such low success that it's not really a practical way to spend your time. California has some of the best habitat on earth for wild hogs to thrive. So does Texas, but again mostly private land.

How strong is the wild hog population in America? Is this Brochure from California accurate in that wild hogs will be huntable in all 50 states in the next 20 or so years?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)