Originally Posted by 300MAG
Al,

I am not a gunsmith so I have no idea?? I don't have the action either, it is at LSR - he is making the rifle for me.

I just couldn't believe that a custom action was only as square as a factory 700??

This is my first custom being built, and I wanted the best I could get with my budget, so I have some concerns now - thats all - Not stirring the pot, just concerned!!!!

Why not simply have your 'smith check your action and then you'll know for sure? confused

We use some short, precision ground tool steel round slugs in .0005 (half thousandths) increments to check the reciever i.d. Just check for fit in the reciever at the front and rear bearing sufaces, then mic. the bolt body at the same place and you have your bolt/reciever clearance. Takes about 5 minutes. And checking the reciever face and bolt face for squareness takes all of about 10 minutes time.

So, in about 15 minutes time you'll know where your at with your reciever.

Which, to me, seems like a better situation than getting people all worked up over what's probably a non-issue with a good product from a fine company. -Al

Forbidden Zoner