I ended up getting a big agnes diamond park 15 degree sleeping bag. it arrived this afternoon!!!! So far I think I am really going to like it. a couple features I think I will really like. as mentioned it looks like it handles a bunch of different pads. I ended up getting the insulated big agnes bad with it just to make sure I give it a try with a pad that is specifically designed for it. still waiting on the pad. I had been using an exped outfitter pad that is 4" thick, with my other setup. it looks like this sleeping bag should also accept that pad as well. so I am going to try and have that pad fixed or replaced and try both the exped and the big agnes pad to see which setup I like the best. The exped is probably quite a bit more durable.

the biggest problem I was having is my pillow would slide off the end of my pad, as you can imagine if the pad is 4" off the ground the pillow would easily slide off. I had addressed this by using a pillow case and tarp clamps to my pad. however this big agnes setup has a pocket the pillow fits in and with the sleeping bag attaching to the pad. This looks like the setup that will end up just fixing the problem!!!

so far there is plenty of shoulder room, the only difference I had, is the cabelas has more foot room, which in reality is probably a downside. still nothing that appears to even remotely annoy me. AND I can open the foot box at the bottom and vet it that way. and fully unzip both sides and can use the top as a quilt. The down looks quite a bit more dense than my 20 degree cabelas bag, so this will probably sleep warmer. maybe this bag does both for me. I can't wait to try it out. probably in 2 weeks.