Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Ok,,,,,, FWIW, here is what I've been carrying since about 2003, and it will get-er-done, if I do my part,,,,,, and I have... cool Lj

If you can put full house bear loads through a 329, you're a far better man than I.

I have a similar weighted Taurus Titanium tracker in 41 mag. I guarantee it will never see my 250 gr loads, and damned few hot 210 gr loads.

Ok then,,,,,,, but just to be clear, I practice a lot, 7-800 rd's/yr. +/-, with .44 spl. loads, and those Cowboy action loads, as well as some standard off the shelf .44Mag loads, and in the 18 +/- yrs that I've been packing and shooting this Gun, I've probably put about 6 Boxes +/- of Buffalo-Bore RR 255gr Keith loads, and about 3, maybe 4 Boxes of 300-320gr Alaska Back-Packer Loads,,,,,, so there you go,,,,, it all comes down to understanding what you've got, and how to use what you've got, and this Gun is still as Tight and Trigger Smooth as 1st purchased...... cool Lj....

I am sure the revolver can handle the abuse. It is my hand and wrist that would concern me.

Part of the fun gaining proficiency.

Some loads are more painful than others. E.g. 300gr @1050fps is not a painful load for me. But a 240gr1250fps is and I won't shoot more than 3 cylinders of it. Even though the 300gr load has slightly more momentum, the recoil pulse is not as sharp. Btw, I'm talking about shooting a 329pd.

Last edited by dla; 08/27/21. Reason: Clarification