sledder,

Sorry to jump in. With my low number of posts, I'll save you or anyone else the trouble of trying to make me out to be a troll. I am not. But I feel obligated to identifiy your nonsense for what it is. Do you actually think you'll gain anyone's respect with what and how you've posted? Maybe things like that don't even register on your care scale, I don't know. But they should. Because most folks will tend to judge you motorheads by what you do and how you act. And the unknowing and non-hunting public will tend to judge all hunters as well.

"...the only damage I've seen in the type c areas,is trails made along fences and the occasional asswipe that has to mud bog in riparian areas.I hear about the illegal travel and trails and [bleep], but actually finding them is another story.The majority of these stories are propogated by the forest service and a$$holes that can't afford an atv."

You should get off your machine and look around then. I have many photographs of illegal travel and trails. I see them firsthand during the nearly three solid months of backpacking and backpack hunting I do every year. They're not hard to find if you want to. So I'd ask you to prove that the majority of the incidences are propogated by the USFS. "a$$holes who can't afford an atv"? You are proving your ignorance by relegating yourself to the use of ridiculous statements like this. I can most definitely afford one, maybe even two, but I choose to use the quads God gave me. Most everyone I know who is a foot-powered or horse-powered outdoorsman can afford one. What a nonsensical statement!

"...so their current scheme is to leave roads without marked designation. That way they can just hand out fines". So...it's a vast conspiracy by the USFS, eh? Do you actually want anyone to believe there is some grand plan to do this? Show us some proof.

"...the bottom line is if the forest service would simply just keep there (wrong word!) exsisting (misspelled) roads in place you wouldn't see abuse." You really need to educate yourself on the facts. The USFS doesn't even have to the funding to maintain the existing inventory of roads. So how do you propose they fund the proper maintenance of them? Do you have a plan? If so, let's hear it!

"...the majority of the pricks that support closing all the motorized roads,have horses..." Ignorance. The majority don't own horses. The majority are foot-powered folks. Get off your machine, do some hiking, and do the math. Again, your categorization of horse people as "pricks" sure won't garner you any respect in any circles, except your own very small one.

Regarding your statement that Colorado has "...orv trail systems that reach nearly every peak", patently false. It's obvious you don't spend much time in Colorado backcountry. We do have way too many trails open to OHVs, this is true. But we also have many low-elevation backcountry areas that are experiencing an epidemic of OHV abuse and overuse.

So, there you have it. If you want to debate this issue from your point of view in an educated and respectful manner, I think folks, including me, would be open to read it. But so far, all you've done is post misleading, untrue, unproven and disrespectful statements.