338reddog , some where in the 7xxx serial range shiloh was owned by wolf droege and C.Sharps split the sheets . shiloh built the rifles period. C.S harps marketed them. The receivers were marked Shiloh rifle manufacturing. Barrels were marked c Sharps with the old reliable trademark. C Sharps wanted to have more ready availible inventory with greater flexibility in chambering so a rifle would be built with a 45 or 50 or 40 or 44 cal barrel but not chambered until some one walked thru th ree door and said I want a 45 whatever and picked out a rifle with a 45 barrel. They then unscrewed the barrel chambered it to the customer's desire and reinstalled it.
Wolf did not like making guns like that. He also did not like the freebores put in some of the chambers either. They dissolved the partnership and went different ways. They are about 100 yds apart in Big Timber Mt. . Today since 1991 the Bryan family has owned and built Shiloh rifles. The Schoftstalls build the C. SHARPS both are fine rifles. There was a civil suit filed in 1977 or so to determine who owned the old reliable trademark, C .Sharps won that..
A lot of people here think that the 45-120 3.25" is unusable but are merely repeating internet bullsh*t. I have shot and loaded for them they can shoot fine but they have tremendous recoil and use a lot of powder. There is a certain charm in a loaded round that hangs over both sides of the palm of your hand few understand. Shoot the 120 before you discard it..... Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "