Well,

I might be that old saw, you fellas refer to. As some that shoots competitively out to a mile, I say the 120 aka the 3.25 is too much of a good thing. Grease cookies or wads take up a lot of case capacity, which makes it more durable usage wise anyway.

I shoot a 45-110 aka 2-7/8ths a good bit. With PP bullet. It is the biggest case the Sharps factory offered, were as the 3.25 wasn’t a standard chambering.which is my beef with it. Believe me in 92 when I ordered mine I wanted one Wolfgang set me down and gave it to me straight. There is documentation that says a single 3.25 was made for a gentleman at UMC.

How many of you 3.25 guys shoot, 700-850 rounds a year in your 120’s in the various gong and paper matches. How many of you win, or place well? Pedersoli used to offer a put your money where your mouth is. Called the 5200 something Dan Theodor and Dick Trink came up with. With several different categories. It was all about group size.

It’s a shame that this went away, as it would give folks the chance to put up or shut up.

I host a match at our ranch. It’s a Creedmoor style on traditional steel targets with a scoreable bullseye. 800-900-1000 yards. Also I host a Mile match at the same time. Any of you 120 buys is welcome to come try your hand.

I know magnum Bob attended once, he was well treated hell I even feed him.

Bring your rifle and show us how it’s done.

Kenny Wasserburger

PS to the original poster question, I agree with Don aka Ranch, send it to Shiloh, not Shilo learn to spell it right. Their barrels are made in house and the best there is. C Sharps hasn’t used badger barrels in 16-17 years. Unless you buy a 1-18 twist Douglas or 1-16 for your rifle for them to use. Otherwise just Send it to Shiloh.

KW