Hi, greggun. Welcome to the campfire! Yes, coyote hunting can be really addictive. i hunted big game all my life (well, since I was 12 years old) until I really got into coyotes. Haven't hunted big game for 12 years now. <P>They kill treed lions with small caliber handguns, like 22 mag. Seems a well-placed shot with a 22-250 should be quite adequate, and less likely to do a lot of damage to the hide than a 30 caliber. I imagine you will have to track it a bit after a 22-250 hit, but then unless you break the shoulders, you probably would have to track a ways after a 30 caliber hit.<P>Lions do not come in like coyotes. They come in very slowly (usually!). Just do not move a muscle until the cat is just where you want him, then begin raising your rifle very slowly. When he sees you move, he will freeze in place. and it should be no trick to place your shot. Good luck!<BR><P>------------------<BR>-------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr