Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Wink, is the Ruger bbl the one with the drill tool marks shown in your photo?

I've a new Ruger American. Examining bore w/Teslong looks great from throat until ~3 inch from muzzle. Then the drill tool marks begin extending to the muzzle. Disappointing, but it is a mass produced economy barrel.

I did call lady at Ruger customer care commenting on the tool marks, asking if Ruger test fires guns before boxing as there were traces of copper in bore. Yes she says, Ruger test fires, and yes, tool marks are normal.

I did DBC this barrel after removing the copper from Ruger test firing gun. Good scrubbing w/JB paste, Hoppes9, CR10, then Hoppes, then a final wash w/ denatured alcohol.

Clean and dry bore when the DBC was applied. I orient bbl muzzle down when applying DBC. Leave it that way overnight to allow DBC to dry. I shot the curing cartridges a couple days later.

2nd pic in each set is the Ruger. I was aware Ruger & Remington test fires their guns, just didn't think they'd be that bad after a test firing or 2 AND the fact that I thoroughly cleaned them with Shooters Choice after I received them(both bought new by me, so I know). Nedless to say, I don't use Shooters Choice anymore.

My cleaning regimen and then installation of DBC is pretty much the same as yours. Additionally, when I orient the muzzle straight up & down overnight against a corner wall, I put it on an old sock under the muzzle, reason being the next day, when the sock lifts up with the muzzle and I have to slightly pull it off, then I know I used enough Dyna Bore Coat on the gun. Never been a problem so far except for one H&R 22 pistol where the sock didn't come up with the muzzle so I simply recoated it again and it was fine the 2nd time.

Last edited by wink_man; 02/10/22.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people