Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Yes sir. I’ve got a 2019 F350 with the Diesel currently that I bought new. It has 10,000 miles on it and they are offering me $12K more than I paid for it new. Interesting times…

Wow, $12K more than you paid new!. That's nuts. I have a 2019 F350 that I bought new. I'm at 40k.

How many miles does yours have?
10,500 miles
Crazy part is I think I could get more if I wanted to fool with selling it myself or got quotes from other dealers. I only have Carmax offer and the dealer that I ordered from. Both offers were within a few hundred dollars of each other. Keep in mind that I get A/Z Plan pricing….so all of these figures are based on that discount.
I think I remember you buying that truck within a month or so of me buying mine.

I bought this one with the A/Z Plan. 95% of my the miles on this truck are really heavy towing, mostly interstate. I wonder how the Godzilla will do with heavy towing. It's a shame what the EPA has done to diesels in the last 20 years.

Do you get to keep driving your 2019 until the new one comes in? Do they have any kind of mileage limitations on the offer.

Congrats on the deal. It sounds like they're going to be paying you to get a new truck! Crazy times.

I read today that this Ukraine situation could cause raw material supply constraints on several gases that are integral to microchip manufacturing.
As far as the offers go, the Carmax was good for 7 days and then they must issue another offer. The offer from my dealer is good for 6 weeks. Then same thing…they will evaluate and issue another offer. I rarely drive the truck as I have other options to drive. I didn’t ask specifically, but I am certain that the offers are dependent on mileage.
Part of me wanted to sell now because of the “high” offers, but then again, if I let my current truck go now, I could end up with no truck in the end if interest rates are crazy high…or if Ford doesn’t resolve their parts problem. I decided to hold onto my current truck until the new one is delivered. Worst case scenario, I keep my 6.7 Diesel with 10,000 or so miles and lose the $500 deposit for ordering.
Chips are an issue currently as well as magnesium for the aluminum bodies. My buddy at the dealership said that the Ford Truck and Bus plant where these are made have had to shut down and lay off twice now because of part supply issues. This further pushes out the orders.

Buy once, cry once.