I recently scoped one of the Remington 700 8x57 that I bought a while back. The only load I've tried so far is 150gr Hornady SP/IMR4064/WLR/R-P cases, my standard load for my other (mil-surp) 8x57 rifles. I went up to the book max of 51.0gr. with out problems, all the groups under two inches. For the other rifles I load 49.5gr., which shot better than the other charge weights in this rifle. 0-5/8" three shot group from a bench @ 100yds. 0.5 gr. up and down shot 1-5/16" three shot group from bench @ 100 yds. I haven't wrung it out yet to see if it will keep that up, just good inital results. This load ran 2790fps in the Remington, 2720fps in a Turkish with a 28" barrel, and 2660fps in a Yugoslavian with a 24" barrel. The best(not average)groups with this load were 1-1/8" @ 200yds from the Turk. I count on 1-1/2" @ 100yds for three shots with this load from the Turk with a Williams receiver sight and 1/16" brass flat face bead front sight.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.