I got lucky buying my F-150 4 yrs ago before Covid, and most of the Crazy stuff were experiencing now.
I got the short Bed, 5 1/2 ft, as I didn't need the 8 ft Bed any more, but I did got the larger 4 door cab, as It did suit my needs getting older.
With wanting to drive out West for hunt trips, I looked for a Cap, that I could put a freezer in the back, for Meat, and Boy did that work out well!
I found a Ranch brand, cap that installed, put's my height at 7 ft. and 3 inches high, as it fits in my Garage with 8 ft. high Garage doors,
and I can still hit the 24 hour, open Laser wash in the AM before they get busy, in the afternoon, at 530 AM!
I know that you want a cap that's flush with the cab, and I understand that, and agree with you if that's what you want, and or your needs dictate that.
I wanted a cap that I could almost stand up in, when loading and unloading the Freezer, that I strapped into the Bed, behind the Cab.
The plan could not have worked out better, as the 7.0 cubic ft. Freezer lid could be opened fully, while installed.
Yeah Caps are kinda an old school look, and I had tonneau covers in the past for different truck applications, and their great, as needed!
My truck came from the factory, in a darker Stone Grey color that I really like, and the Cap that I ordered was almost Identical, as you'd of thought I had them both painted to match.
As far as Looks, it really looks nice, and like anything else, some may like it, and some not, different strokes, but I don't buy my vehicles to please anyone else!!!
It definitely does not look Hokey, as I'm always aware of that. Originally it was my oldest Son's idea when I was looking for a truck, and the plan couldn't have worked out better.
Just wanted to throw a different twist at it, for some additional FYI!

HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!