Probably a redundent question for this board, but I am 2nd guessing myself.

I am 48 yrs old, the eyes are okay. The rifle is a .270 WCF on a Model 70 Classic. The rifle has standard action and barrel from Winchester, with Talley quick release rings w/levers.

This is my first adventure at a semi-custom gun. The metal work, and smithing is being done by Mark Penrod in a satin finish. All other aspects of the rifle are factory standard, including the wood stock. In the future, the stock will be either replaced, or refinished in oil.

My question on this forum is about the scope, and brightness. I had purchased a 3.5x10 VXIII, sitting new in the box. I have been reading more about the FX III 6X.

My interest in the FX III is more for the 7MM exit pupil, and if this scope is any brighter for early morning or late evening. As I get older, I notice I need more light.

Also, will the fixed field of view be an issue as majority of my hunting is in the foothills in WV. I also have a 2.5x8 VXIII that could go on the rifle also.

Is is worth selling the 3.5x10 and ordering a FXIII 6X. I have always had variable, but use them in the field at the lower settings.

Recommendations?