Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
[quote=MagnumBob]There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

IIRC, October 16, 1991 was on a Wednesday.

At that time I was doing commercial real estate appraisals. I was appraising the Quail Creek Apartment and one other I do not remember the name of. I remember the Quail Creek Apts. as I had lunch at that same Luby's restaurant the day before the massacre with the manager and a maintenance man. When out in BFE I always was armed, but at that time it was not legal to "carry" a pistol in Texas. I left my pistol in the car. IIRC, the maintenance guy was shot and killed and the manager was shot twice but survived. I've not stepped into a restaurant or a stop-and-rob since that date that I am not armed. I've now carried, daily,since 1991. At my deer lease my pistol is the first thing I put on after my pants and the last thing I take off at night. I have only had to display a weapon four times during the last 30+ years. Fortunately, I've never had to discharge my weapon.

Like others, there is always a firearm in reach and several stashed in and about my house. I live in a suburb, but there seems to be an increasing amount of two and four legged varmints on the prowl. At 70, I no longer have the confidence that I am the "top predator".

As to the alcohol thing, I like what a fellow said years ago, "a man's gotta know his limitations!"

ya!

GWB

Yep. She was a Chiropractor who left her handgun in her car the day of the Luby’s Shooting. Because CHL Permits And Concealed Carry weren’t legal in TX at that time.
Both her elderly parents were killed. But that shooting and her testimony are the main reason TX now has a CHL / LTC Law

My aunt and uncle used to meet everyday at the Luby’s for Lunch. They didn’t go that day because my aunt was sick.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/09/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~