Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's Not a federal constitutional right.
Self defense existed long before the federal constitution was amended to include the second article which some of us are familiar.
Self defense is given by God as a responsibility to His people. I can give a bunch of examples. Old Testament And New.
BTW, the right is not restricted to use of firearms.

God said so and I believe it.
Those who don't believe that are welcome to be as defenseless as they please.

it is in fact a constitutional right to own a gun, but then you have a habit of being wrong.
No, I have a habit of disagreeing with you.

The federal and my state constitutions never granted me any rights. To say that they do is a misunderstanding of the purpose of the bills of rights aka amendments.
What about the people born prior to the document that you trust in as the source of such?
Was everyone in history doomed to be the victims of the whims of every invader, murderer, or tyrant?

God is the Creator and it is He Who gave rights and law of rights and violations to all matters of concern.
He established the rights to defend self and family.
He gave property ownership rights, rights to marriage and family matters....on and on.

The federal Bill of Rights acknowledged restrictions upon gt.
It acknowledged a few of the rights that were important to some of the signers. As such it supposed to provide some legal protections. It came close to not being ratified.
Had it not been, would we be with no rights?